Going on a liveaboard diving in Thailand requires for you to have important diving equipment and gears for your safety under water. Having the right gear will not only make you safe, it will also make the entire diving experience a more enjoyable one. Here are some of the must-have gears that you should have when diving.
- Diving mask. A reliable mask will protect your eyes from salt-water and will allow you to marvel at the underwater beauty of the Andaman Sea.
- Wetsuit or drysuit. If you are going to dive on warm water, use a wetsuit. Wetsuits are made of neoprene rubber that insulates the body by trapping heat within. On the other hand, if you will swim in colder water, use a thick wetsuit to keep you warmer while diving.
- A regulator is another must-have when doingliveaboard diving in Thailand as it regulates air supply that comes from the demand valve during inhaling. Another demand valve is also attached to the regulator and it serves as an alternative air supply for you or a diving buddy. The regulator is attached to the air cylinder through a hose.
- Buoyancy Compensation Device (BCD). A BCD is a jacket connected to the air cylinder thru an inflator hose. An adequate supply of air is injected into the jacket to keep you afloat while you are on the water’s surface. When you dive underwater, the amount of air is adjusted by the device. The device controls the amount of air in the jacket to ensure that you will not rise or sink when diving.
- Weight belt or integrated weights. The device is worn around the waist to keep the diver at a steady and intended depth. As an alternative, weight belt can also be used with BCDs with pockets.
- Diving gauges are important gears and works as life-saving equipment during liveaboard diving in Thailand as they indicate the amount of air you currently have including the depth of your current location. There are gauges that include temperature reading and compass.
- They are worn by divers for better movement and control under the sea. Moving underwater can be challenging without fins.